Monday, April 11, 2005

Back 2 School & Allergies!!!

I went to Davis on saturday. Started off from home around 5pm... did some crazy driving and got there by 6.20 after picking up my friend and stopping for gas. Luckily, there were no Cops on the highway, cuz drivin 95 miles in 80 minutes with stops in between is a bit on the crazy fast side of things :) "Posted" Speed Limit on the freeway in Cali is 65 mph. Public's understanding of it is +/- 10 mph (+ usually) => 75 mph. Anyway, got there in time for the Davis Bhangra Competition... pretty lame show. Not because the performance wasnt that great... but because I just couldnt understand what they were all laughin about whenever the MCs said something :(

The one good thing in the evening is that my old homies' team won. LBC or Lethal Bhangra Crew rocked the stage. For the ignorant ones, LBC usually stands for Long Beach Cribs, and is common in Rap/Hip-hop songs :). Anyway, met couple of old friends (thats exactly 2)... which was kinda weird. Now I know why I am not that keen in going to my college campus after graduating... Its cuz I dont know anybody over there anymore. And also lookin at how dumb the students act (especially the freshmen chicks) makes you feel hella old, though its only been like 3 years since I graduated. But the acme of weirdness is to realize that I was once like them too :( / :).

I have posted some pics from the Afterparty on Flickr (check the links)... sorry, no half naked dumb freshmen chicks here. Just me and my homies. And finally after everything ended... drove back home in the middle of the night reaching home around 4:30 am. Woke up around 10, and went hiking with a friend (Ashok, matter alert). It was a nice, warm and sunny day. And the plants must have noticed that too... cuz they got super excited, started having unsafe sex, and I got caught in the cross fire of pollination ammunition. By the end of my hike, I started sneezing, and by the time I got home, my face was all super red, and my eyes were bloodshot... Damn Allergies!!!!

1 comment:

vashok said...

Dei,

Wheres the matter??? In fact who is the matter with whom u took the morning walk?