Saturday, April 09, 2005

amaZIN CITY!

Watched Sin City in theatres this friday night, and wow, It was super cool. The whole movie looked like reading a Comic Book. I guess that should be no surprise given the fact that it is based on Frank Miller's Dark Comic Novel Series. But this movie had a style that did justice to its roots. Each frame in the movie was like a box from the comic. B&W with just the significant characters colored. It was cool eye candy, and I enjoyed every bit of it (esp. Jessica Alba, and Rosario Dawson ;) ).

Of all the "Comic2Film" movies (Spiderman, Superman, Daredevil and the likes), there are only 2 that I think are marvels in movie making. Especially in being true to the Comic book Style. This one is definitely one of them. The other one is "Unbreakable" by Night Shyamalan. Though it wasnt based on any comic book, it was inspired by Comic Book Superheroes, and in that movie also the cinematography was subtly comic book style. Almost everything in the background blends into a dull color, except for the characters we care about -- They are wearing distinct colors. If you guys are film buffs like I am, these 2 movies are definitely not to be missed.

That being said, I guess my Dilemma is no longer a Dilemma, since the movie ended around 2 AM. No way I was gonna wake up for a Tahoe trip :)

No comments: